Norwegian Royals Last Updated On | MAY 20, 2026
Royals Is he looking for a favorable precedent as he awaits sentencing? The verdict is now just weeks away.
A demanding day for Prince Haakon’s wife that underscored her fragile state of health Sverre Magnus, 20, has taken on his second solo official act amidst scandals plaguing his family. His older half-brother awaits sentencing in prison. By Maria Loreto Marius Borg's trial continues to cast a long shadow over the Norwegian royal family. By Maria Loreto The judge determined there is a high risk of reoffending for Borg, who has already been detained on four separate occasions. By Maria Loreto Marius Borg Høiby, Crown Princess Mette-Marit's eldest son, has requested to complete his sentence from home. By Maria Loreto This project was not just another appointment; it was a cornerstone of the public identity the future queen has built over the last quarter-century. Haakon and Sverre boarded the historic Myklebust as their family deals with unprecedented scandals By Maria Loreto The focus has shifted from the Princess' education to how much it costs the state By Maria Loreto Sverre Magnus is stepping up to a more visible position within his family By Maria Loreto Mette-Marit is expected to forego the birthday of the King of Sweden, a decision that has been labeled as "historic" by royal experts By Maria Loreto Mette-Marit recently addressed her relationship with Epstein in a televised interview By Maria Loreto Mette-Marit's popularity has been waning due to the controversies she's facing By Maria Loreto Six weeks after Epstein files resurfaced, critics say silence from Norway’s royal household is only deepening the controversy. Høiby's trial is entering its sixth week By Maria Loreto The princess is facing one of her most difficult moments after new developments emerged regarding the property she purchased in 2023 Marius Borg alleges Nora Haukland received a large Netflix payment as his Oslo trial continues, but sources quickly dispute his version of events. Borg stood up for his parents in court By Maria Loreto Borg has experienced an emotional start of the year By Maria Loreto The Oslo District Court will decide on Monday whether Crown Princess Mette-Marit’s son will be jailed following his latest arrest By Maria Loreto "Marius Borg Hoiby is not part of the royal family," said his statement. Borg's trial will kick off on February 3rd By Maria Loreto The Princess is currently traveling through the Northern side of her country By Maria Loreto Borg's case begins this February 3rd. He's charged with 32 offenses By Maria Loreto The trial of the son of Princess Mette-Marit begins in Oslo this February By Maria Loreto The wife of Crown Prince Haakon was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis in 2018. By Maria Loreto The major trial is set to begin on February 3 By Daniel Neira More and more settled into her role as a royal, she makes her debut at an event with international significance From hiding in Venezuela, María Corina Machado is in Oslo for the 2025 Nobel Peace Prize and will join later events, says Chair Jørgen Watne Frydnes. Amalie Giæver Macleod was integrated into the Royal Family, spending summers with King Harald and Queen Sonja while attending official events with Princess Mette-Marit By Maria Loreto The 28-year-old son of Princess Mette-Marit wants to have his biography withdrawn By Maria Loreto The Royal House of Norway is facing various controversies By Maria Loreto The King and Crown Prince have previously revealed that they've watched 'Rebel Royals' By Alexandra Hurtado The heir made his first public statements following the documentary's release and the measures the Royal House will be taking in the future. By Maria Loreto The Norwegian royal turned 54 on Sept. 22 By Alexandra Hurtado The Princess was diagnosed with a pulmonary illness that requires extra attention By Maria Loreto The Royal House of Norway claims the couple has violated the privacy agreement they signed after their marriage By Maria Loreto Norwegians continue to back Crown Prince Haakon as their future king, but his wife faces a more complicated reality, as the trial involving her son has reopened old tensions The royal shared pictures from their wedding day on her personal Instagram By Alexandra Hurtado The Royal Family remains on the sidelines of the Crown Princess’s son’s legal case The princess' son is accused of 32 crimes By Maria Loreto The son of Princess Mette-Marit will address the allegations against him in 2026 By Maria Loreto The Prosecutor’s Office has accused the Princess’s eldest son of continuing to commit crimes after his arrest. The couple is about to celebrate their first wedding anniversary