So you have decided to start your day with a morning workout. It doesn’t matter if you are just finding out what works best in your fitness journey or if you are adjusting to a new schedule, starting the day with exercise is always a good idea, using that early-morning energy and getting mentally ready for what the day is going to bring.
However, we understand that having a full breakfast before working out might not be the best idea, but exercising on an empty stomach is also not a smart move. This is why we decided to share some options with you, directly from fitness expert Patrick Dale at Fitness Volt.
These pre-workout meals and snacks will give you a boost of energy for a successful workout, 30 to 60 minutes before hitting the gym. And the good news is that there are many delicious things you can eat even if you are a picky eater, focusing on protein and avoiding fatty foods.
- Ripe banana mashed onto toast with a little honey
- Cereal and low-fat milk
- Fruit smoothie made with soft fruit, low-fat yogurt, and protein powder
- A carb/protein energy bar or granola bar
- Scrambled egg whites and rice crackers
- Instant oatmeal and berries
- Bagel and turkey slices
- Toasted English muffin with low-fat cream cheese
- Toast and fruit preserve, plus a cup of low-fat natural yogurt
- Turkey and crackers