scandal

Miss Universe’s stylist, Giovanni Laguna, denies assault allegations


Disturbing videos recorded inside a luxury hotel room circulated online, showing model Andrea Del Val, visibly injured, with blood running down her face


© Giovanni Laguna
Shirley GomezSenior Writer
MAY 22, 2026 3:07 PM EDT

The controversy surrounding Venezuelan stylist Giovanni Laguna and model Andrea del Val continues to intensify after both publicly shared conflicting versions of an alleged altercation that took place during the Cannes Film Festival in France.

Days after Andrea del Val appeared on social media with visible facial injuries and accused Laguna of assault, the celebrity makeup artist and designer finally addressed the allegations publicly. Laguna, who is also known for working closely with Mexican beauty queen Fátima Bosch, firmly denied ever hitting the Venezuelan model.

View post on X

Disturbing videos recorded inside a luxury hotel room circulated online, showing Del Val, visibly injured, with blood running down her face while accusing Laguna of attacking her.

According to reports by the New York Post, hotel guests allegedly heard shouting and signs of a violent struggle before authorities were called to the scene. French police reportedly detained Giovanni Laguna following the incident, although officials have not publicly confirmed whether formal charges have been filed. 

Giovanni Laguna Responds to the Viral Accusations

In his first public statement since the controversy, Giovanni Laguna insisted he never physically assaulted Andrea del Val and claimed the situation had been manipulated to damage his reputation. “I’m here to tell you the truth, from a place of love, respect for women, and respect for myself, my family, and my friends,” Laguna said in a video statement shared online.

The controversy surrounding Venezuelan stylist Giovanni Laguna and model Andrea del Val continues to intensify after both publicly shared conflicting versions of an alleged altercation© Giovanni Laguna
The controversy surrounding Venezuelan stylist Giovanni Laguna and model Andrea del Val continues to intensify after both publicly shared conflicting versions of an alleged altercation

The stylist alleged that Andrea del Val began recording him after leaving the hotel room and threatened to expose him publicly. “When she left the room, she was already recording me on her phone, telling me and threatening me that she would do everything possible so the whole world could see the kind of person I was. I never hit her,” Laguna stated.

He also claimed the model’s injuries were accidental and happened during a struggle over her cellphone. According to Laguna, both of them allegedly tripped over camera equipment and a tripod during the confrontation, which he says caused the injuries seen in the viral footage.

View post on Instagram
 

Laguna denied intentionally harming the beauty queen and described the entire incident as “a show” allegedly orchestrated to publicly shame him.

Andrea del Val’s Viral Video Sparks Outrage

Andrea del Val’s video rapidly spread across Instagram, TikTok, and X. In the clip, the Venezuelan model directly addressed Laguna while documenting the aftermath inside the damaged hotel room.

The stylist claims her injuries were accidental during a struggle over a cellphone, while Del Val maintains she was attacked inside a hotel room during the Cannes Film Festival.© Univision
The stylist claims her injuries were accidental during a struggle over a cellphone, while Del Val maintains she was attacked inside a hotel room during the Cannes Film Festival.

The footage showed overturned furniture, scattered belongings, and Laguna seated in a corner while Del Val recorded herself with facial wounds. So far, French authorities have not released an official statement detailing the circumstances behind the altercation.

Fátima Bosch’s Name Pulled Into the Headlines

Although Fátima Bosch has not been linked to the incident itself, her name has repeatedly surfaced due to her professional relationship with Giovanni Laguna. The stylist has worked closely with Bosch in the beauty and fashion industry, particularly during major international pageant appearances.

View post on Instagram
 

Neither Bosch nor her representatives have publicly commented on the scandal.

© ¡HOLA! Reproduction of this article and its photographs in whole or in part is prohibited, even when citing their source.